REWIND >> In history today i paid special attention to the lecture (not that I usually don't) since my topic for the paper I was writing was being discussed. My first essay abroad is going to be pretty fantastic, I've collected some pretty interested books about it.
Unfortunately for the first time this month, I didn't like the lunch that I had. It was a fish dish with porridge and cream sauce mixed into it. Sounds pretty yummy except for the fact that the fish had ALL of it's bones in it. And since they were all mashed up, I couldn't take them out. A good thing did come out of this lunch hour though. Annelies and I met a young man from Colorado who presented himself by whipping his head around and saying "You're speaking ENGLISH?!" to which we calmly replied, in English, that indeed yes we were speaking in english. Our conversation with him took some normal turns but mostly he acted strange and asked us if we had enough furniture in our apartments and if I knew about the situation in the States since I was from Canada and obviously make regular trips there. Logical eh? If nothing else, it was an entertaining lunch hour. I had some free dessert today (Finnish pancakes with berry sauce :D) because they were running out of bread.
I had the biggest pile of laundry to do today from my weekend trip but I bought a new fabric softener with the scent of "Nordic Rose" so it made it worthwhile.
| The bike road I take from my flat to campus TAKEN WITH MY NEW CAMERA <3 |
No comments:
Post a Comment