But before I got to the garden center, I had my first Russian Literature class. I was quite nervous for it because it was supposed to be taught in Russian with the most important parts highlighted in Finnish but I feared that the professor was Finnish and would teach most of it in Finnish. As soon as Alexei Lobski (already a sigh of relief escaped my lips as I read his Russian name) passed around the attendance sheet and asked us, in Russian, to sign it; I knew I was safe. The course outline sounds great and I am looking forward to learning lots about Russian literary history as well as some of the main writers. My reading list is made up and I will be paying the library a nice visit sometime soon.
Onto our Garden Center adventure:
Although this is my second time in the Center, I am not one to complain about revisiting a place that I found interesting in the first place. In addition some of the plants were replaced by new ones. We spent some time walking around, talking to the big white parrots (oh wait, that was just me), playing with the fly eating plants and drinking ridiculously sweet hot chocolate. As with any sugar rush, we were all really hyper and chatty for a short while followed by extreme tiredness. An early night for me as could have been predicted.
| Enjoying a warm cup of |
| getting ready for chirstmas |
| Cutest cactuses ever |
| that's what i call a wine glass |
| The orange berries that I enjoy in jam |
| PINK flower |
| Tasting apples |
| yummy apples |
| As fun as that rocker was, i may have been a bit too big for it |
| how exotic of us |
| pig love |
| garden accessories for all tastes |
| don't we all want one of these in our gardens? |
| I actually communicated with this parrot |
| my pigeon calls worked on talking with this big guy |
| little shop of horrors! |
| audrey II with nails |
No comments:
Post a Comment