Thursday, October 14, 2010

Friday October 8 - Sip, sit and analyze

I wasn't the Jane that was doing the analyzing today although I tried to keep up. Patrick Jane, aka the Mentalist, was doing most of my analyzing for me.

After a very informative lecture on societal problems in Finland, namely deaths resulting from alcohol abuse, Nicke, Lucy, Anna and I discussed alcohol abuse problems in our respective countries and how it affected our cultures. Although Anna's Czech friend was with us, due to forgetting his name I did not list him. He was very active during our conversation and during the lecture as well asking about the quantity of alcohol that is consumed per year and so on. Our lecturer today was quite knowledgeable on his subject, having published many reports and books on the topic and all, yet the fact that he resembled a hamster distracted me from the lecture at times. He rubbed his face and eyes in the same manner as my late long-hair teddy bear hamster did. His posture was also very hamster-like.

Apart from watching the Mentalist, Reinier and I had some 2009 Chardonnay, this time from France and delicious blue cheese from a nearby deli. I've been eating so much cheese since my arrival in Europe, it'll be strange to go back to just mozza and cheddar.

I gave the Mentalist brownie points for also having the name "Jane" but his character really annoyed me. i thought I would really enjoy this TV show because it resembled Criminal Minds and CSI but I was mistaken. Jane was cocky to the point being insufferable. The way the other characters put up with him was a tad bit unrealistic in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment