Observe the first picture for photographed evidence of last night's mess. I will repeat again that hosting a dinner comes with advantages but with disadvantages as well. Dishwashers are a gift that i took for granted previous to this exchange and i felt their absence strongly this morning.
All hardships aside, life continues in our booming little town. Today was Laura's 20th birthday and since her boyfriend, Joris, was visiting her from Belgium and Ivan was visiting me from Canada, we decided to go on a group trip to the sauna that our tutor group visited at the beginning of our semester to show our guests the beauty of Finnish sauna. You will understand why I put sauna in quotation marks - it was closed. Not wanting such a beautiful evening to go to waste, we sat on the dock, enjoyed the sunset and toasted to Laura with the bottle of champagne that she brought.
As it got darker and we got hungrier, our entourage continued to Pizzeria Maria for supper. It was delicious as always.
next stop: Roninmaki, building M, Laura's flat. A combination of homemade cake, wine, snacks galore and most importantly, FRIENDS guided tonight's festivities.
I am now officially the only one of us who is still a teeny tiny teenager.
 |
| I mastered the art of washing dishes after this |
 |
| Our local ski jump |
 |
| it looks like im praying but im actually setting my camera on timer for a group shot |
 |
| caution: cupboards are placed strategically at the level of 5'8" people's heads |
 |
| Getting ready for sauna |
 |
| The group shot that I was setting my camera up for (totally worth it) |
 |
| Happy birthday Laura! |
 |
| we so gansta |
 |
| as you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you |
 |
| kids in Finland have the best playgrounds |
 |
| At Laura's house |
 |
| OM NOM NOM - what a delicious homemade cake |
 |
| representatives from spain, germany, canada and portugal. I wish my birthday parties were this multicultural. |
No comments:
Post a Comment