Sunday, October 3, 2010

Monday September 27 - Hidden treasure

Someone's garbage is another's treasure and flea markets are the best place to find that out.
Before I get to the treasure, I'd like to talk about two things that are not flawless here in Finland.

1) the library system, like I've said before it's impossible to find any relative books on the topic at hand
2) the internet for the housing complexes is both slow and full of viruses with one of which my computer was a lucky enough to be infected.

Of all days that both my internet and Skype didn't work, it had to be this morning when I had a skype date with my parents to tell them I made it home safely from Tallinn. After 25 minutes of unsuccessful computer attempts, I called Canada from my cellular device, likely paying a fortune, just to tell everyone that I was alive.

But of course my day got much better. Lunch, sport lecture, and evening out with Tanja and the girls. We chose to go to a huge flea market today. I found some really cool things. Namely, I found some magnets that actually say Jyvaskyla on them! And I've been looking everywhere for them. My souvenir pile is growing slowly but surely. There's nothing worse than scrambling for souvenirs during the last week of my stay.
After the flea market, we all went over to Tanja's house for some tea. It was really nice to just sit and talk to the girls. We're all bonding really well. For our next outing, Monica from Taiwan will be joining our merry group as well.

P.S notice the lack of pictures? It's because i haven't gotten a new camera yet. The salespeople at 3 different stores gave me mixed information followed by confused yet empty stares. I will rejoice once I have a working camera in my hot little hands again.



No comments:

Post a Comment