Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friday October 15 - Holvi Museum and operation "stay warm"

I had to say goodbye to Maja in the early morning as she was off to Helsinki for the day before her flight back to Oslo. It was great to have you Maja! I can't wait to visit you in Oslo :)


Tanja, the girls and I had a museum date scheduled so we visited the Holvi Art Museum. I usually go to museums with a certain aim to see the respective exhibition but I went here without knowing anything about the exhibition which put a new angle to go how I looked at everything. It was refreshing to read the information pamphlet just before going through the exhibit. 

The art arrangement in this museum was all very modern and precise. Helena Hietanin and Jaakko Niemeli named their exhibit "Art work on light and shadow." Helena is a sculptor and Jaako is a visual artist. Together they participated in the Architecture of Lighting course at the Aalto University. I could definitely see the influence of Alvar Aalto in their work - a very rigid yet flowing Scandinavian line.

My two favorite exhibitions was the wall of light and the 60s house. They were a lot of fun to look at, especially the 60s house as it had a whole story of a family in it.

After going through this not-so-large exhibit, I stayed true to the second part of my day (operation stay warm) and made myself a nice hot cup of tea with honey along with a nice big meal. The livin up here sure is difficult ;)

Artwork on light and shadow

artwork on grids and dimensions

inside the wall of light

our model photo

even with all the destruction in the world, there is still beauty

model of the the photograph below


welcome to the 60s

feels just like home

This desk has business written all over it

in 60s attire

they had entertainment of all sorts back then

No comments:

Post a Comment