2) Do NOT eat a whole loaf of bread in one sitting if you want to walk in the next 48 hours
3) Sanitize all equipment before making wine
4) Do not overestimate your flexibility while limbo-ing
And now for the elaboration.
1) I truly felt like a committed student today. Committed yet disorganized. I have my Russian Literature class at 10 am on mondays and 2 pm on Thursdays. Sadly, my brain told me it was a monday and I found myself sitting in a classroom where a strangely didn't recognize any of my classmates. 3 classes into the course, I should definitely be able to recognize everyone by face since there are only 15 or so of us in that class. Just before the professor walked in, I checked my planner to realize my error and managed to escape the classroom. Now I had time on my hands and decided to go to the library until lunchtime.
2) Believe it or not I was still feeling extremely bloated/bottom heavy from my lunch TWO DAYS ago. The bread in Lozzi was super delicious and I realized a bit too late that I shouldn't have ate as much as I did. It was a very good thing that we went to the vegetarian restaurant that Mimmi and I had gone to previously (I actually ran into her there today too) because i could barely finish my soup. Oh man, lesson learned.
3)I signed up for a wine making course that is offered through the student village here. It was actually run by a Canadian who has lived in Finland for 6 years now. it was so cool to hear that he now has a Finnish accent when he speaks in English. The course was really interesting and I learned a lot. especially the importance of sanitizing everything during the wine making process. A friend of the instructor's infected his batch of wine but went ahead and kept it anyway. Every time he drank it (in times of desperation of course), he got a sore throat for 3-4 days. That's never a good sign. Hopefully, our wine will turn out better.
4) After learning so much useful information at the wine making course, I felt invincible. So at the jungle themed stammtisch I participated in the limbo contest and overestimated my bending abilities. I now have two lovely bruises on my knees as souvenirs.
| Annelies and Logan are excited to learn about the art of making wine |
| In the process of becoming masters of homemade wine |
| It's amazing how you can get 25 liters of wine from this tiny box |
| our 25 liters of mozel wine |
| the other groups 25 liters of rose wine |
| all suited up for the jungle :)) |
Hi :) How are you? I periodically spy on your life in Finland through your blog! Come back to Canada Eh?
ReplyDeletehey Anonymous!
ReplyDeleteIm fantastic as you can see by the content of my blog. You should make a blog about Canada so I can have a little window to the land of eskimos and polar bears ;)
I get bugged about saying "EH?" all the time by the international kids. They say it's very Canadian of me.