I have discovered a museum that took me longer than 30 minutes to look through!
It is called the
Museum of Central Finland and we are lucky that it is located right here in town! We were only supposed to look through the exhibitions on the first and fourth floor as those were the floors with the exhibit that our assignment focused on. This exhibit is called:
Instead of heading straight to the 4th floor after looking around the 1st, me and Kerstin were distracted by an exciting looking tractor with a jolly old man on it (see picture below) and so began our adventure of the other two levels. Surprisingly enough we were the only two students looking at the rest of the museum.
I was glad we had gone to the 2nd and 3rd floors as they were a lot more interactive than the art exhibit . There was replicas of the people's life from the start of Jyvaskyla as a city and that was more in my taste than looking at little swirlies or smudges that are called modernist art. I'm more of a classics girl myself - impressionism and all. Kerstin was of the same opinion when she saw the replicas of roosters, cows and people. Okay so I will admit the people mannequins were the scariest thing ever! I think they were made out of paper mache and dried a bit too much so the faces all looked like dried apples.
In this one section about religion, there was an eerie nun mannequin with a church in the background and the creepiest music in the background - we decided to hurry through that section.
As all good visits to museums, they should be followed by food which is exactly what we did. I had some time to digest my delicious lunch before heading off to Piia's flat to watch
Big Fish with some peeps who missed their flat screen TVs and wanted to reunite with High Definition instead of their laptops. Our evening was complete with gummies and popcorn. It was really strange to watch a movie on a TV after 2 months of not watching TV at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment