Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wednesday November 17 - Hello my lovely Tallinn!!

The day that I return to the city I so loved the last time I came has come! You have no idea how excited I was to be back in Tallinn. Sure, it could have been warmer but it was still so much fun to come back and recognize lots of places yet discover so many new ones. I've always been proud of myself for not being bored even with Edmonton by constantly finding new places. With a city that I've only visited once before, this task of novelty was much easier. Me and Stefan were the 'expereinced' ones here because we had previously visited Tallinn in September. So naturally, we were elected tour guides. We decided not to join the guided tour here because the one in Stockholm was pretty terrible to put it nicely. The girls we had were wayyyy too quiet and wouldn't answer questions that they thought weren't important. everyone's interested in different things geniuses ... 

And so our self-guided tour of Tallinn began..

I wish i was always greeted in each city I go to with a pink limo

Getting in touch with our childhood

This was honestly the best playground ever, why don't we have stuff like this mushroom like constructions in canada?


monkeying around



the cutest child ever observing our two austrian boys clown around
This playground was one of our very first stops because we wanted to get warmed up for the rest of the walk. Plus it was THE coolest playground ever so how could we not stop there?

This is a pretty good idea for my future house

old town how i love thee

so scenic
Don't get fooled by the sun, it was still super cold. The great company helped warmed things up a bit :)

i love these red rooftops




Embassy of Finland



great busker- his voice had that same scratchy quality as leonard cohen's

yesterday-vikings ; today - knights > we're moving up in society!



Observe the previous two photos- do we look like we've known each other for awhile? Well i actually just met this German 10 minutes prior to the picture. He is an exchange student in Norway and is also on the Seabattle cruise. It really is super amazing how being an exchange student just makes you so open to new experiences and people; especially those that are experiencing similar things to you.

waiting 45 minutes for our pancakes
We found an amazing pancake place that served pancakes with literally everything but we weren't the only ones who found it. It was packed with people and we had to wait a really long time before getting our good. Oh well, it just made it that much more enjoyable.

they were definitely worth the wait

YUM
This wasn't my pancake, it was Kerstin's. Lucky for me, she couldn't finish it and I stepped in to help a friend :)



until next time Tallinn - you definitely made my top 5
Top 5 of my world wonders :)

No comments:

Post a Comment