Have you ever had those days when you have so many different feelings that you think you should start writing your memoirs? the answer is a resounding yes for me. I will try to avoid making this entry sound like a Chiken Soup for the Teenage soul book as much as possible.
You know when you accept the feelings that you thought would kill you at one point? Well i think I accomplished that today. After talking to a multitude of people, I realized that these past two months on my own have changed me. I now have different perspectives, want different things and can handle so much more. One thing that I've really improved 3000 km away from home is my listening skills. Instead of blabbing away about my so-called problems all the time, I can help others with theirs and it is so much more rewarding.
Another thing that I really value now is friendship. It's realyl cheesy but I went to see Despicable Me in the city cinema with Annelies today and we both bawled at the end of the movie. It was just so touching. And I thought to myself - it is moments like these that make me super happy and appreciative of my friends both here and back home <3

No comments:
Post a Comment