How many times a day is that expression used? Probably enough times to be included in the dictionary as a verb, noun and adjective.
It seems that the social networking page called Facebook has only been around for a few short years yet it has both the young generation and middle aged generation captivated. Even I will admit to getting stuck on it for much longer than first anticipated.
Watching The Social Network was eye-opening yet I'm not sure this movie will make it on my top 10 or even top 20 favorite movies list. Mark Zuckerberg was portrayed brilliantly by Jesse Eizenberg; I really got the feeling that I was watching a young Bill Gates. The way Zuckerberg interacted with everyone was unbelievable for me. He was blunt to the point of ridiculousness , it was really a wonder how he had a girlfriend and friends at the beginning of the movie. yet I don't think he was arrogant because he recognized how brilliant he was when it came to programming and computers ; it was because he simply didn't know another way of interacting with people. Mark knew that each program has a specific code and to stray away from it would ruin the program and so he implemented the same direct approach to everything that came out of his mouth. Poor social choice buddy. Although he is the youngest billionaire in the world, I don't envy him one bit after watching this movie. The closing scene was him refreshing the Facebook page of his girlfriend over and over again to see if she had accepted his friend request.
Having come from a really pleasant dinner with Antti at Maria's, amplified the shock I got from this movie. For me and any other human being, social interactions are essential to survive and be human. Gosh, even animals have social interactions and travel in packs, herds, etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment