Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tuesday November 9 - All downhill from 23 ? I hope not!

There are quite a few friends who have birthdays this fall semester and Daniel is the next one up. A whole 23 grand years! I made the mistake of asking him if he's turning 25 and for some reason he was offended. OOPS. 

In all truth, I think Daniel is quite the youthful gentleman who is full of life. Yet he let this line slip at lunchtime  "22 is the best age, not too young not too old. It's all downhill from 23." Tsk, tsk. But he was quite jolly later when me and Paivi came to Ristonmaa to help him with the cooking/setting up. We danced to some Bryan Adams and other classics to get our energy molecules to buzz around even faster. 

It turned out to be a lovely evening filled with ping pong playing, dancing, eating delicious cake, and even a table soccer tournament (is that even what it's called?! maybe foosball, i honestly can't remember what the correct name is). 

After Daniel's party however, came a long journey home through a blizzard - no joke. Look at the picture to see that i am NOT exaggerating this one. I tried biking at first but when seeing 30 cm in front of me became impossible and  I almost ended up in a ditch, I switched to walking in 2 feet of snow. Then the wind picked up and I had zero visibility again. 

When i walked into my apartment, I was a human snowball that felt prepared enough to climb Mount Everest. 



Preparing the party food

Good job us!

Daniel preparing the music for the night

Happy birthday Daniel!



Good game guys

We weren't this happy when we saw the weather outside

this is what I had to bike home in

No comments:

Post a Comment