Sound familiar?
Sounds like a MOVING DAY. Yes, my new flatmate, Jenni, moved in today. I was just coming back from the grocery store when I saw two vans outside my apartment building. I thought to myself how funny it would be if it was Jenni moving in because i hadn't washed my dishes so it would be quite embarrassing to inflict such a messy first impression. Murphy's Law struck me with a heavy blow as I saw my apartment door open when I walked up tot he thrid floor. There were at least 5-6 people blitz attacking my flat with boxes and then dashing outside again. I was still quite tired from yesterday so this was all seen as a blur. They kind of resembled ants in an anthill only they didn't bite me.
I tried to politely barracade myself in my room but they were quiet persistent at meeting me so I went outside to say hello to everyone and serve them coffee. I found out from multiple sources that Jenni studies biology and likes to be neat - both useful things to know for the next two months. I was also deliriously happy to see a TABLE in my kitchen. Although now the kitchen seems smaller, I can eat all my meals like a civilized person!!! Not only did she bring a table but a microwave, toaster and vacuum as well. I think she may have gotten the impression that I really like cleaning and cooking but she did not yet know that I had lived 2 months without these luxuries.
| OBSERVE!!! isn't it beautiful? |
No comments:
Post a Comment