DUH. I had knew he was coming beforehand but Mimmi looked just as flustered as I felt and we nervously shuffled around our flat until he left.
Doesn't that sound like the ideal morning to you?
my day got much more organized as I rode off to a lunch date to the University. Mimmi showed me this extremely scenic route that takes me along the lake. Although I have no classes today or tomorrow (my schedule is pretty great for the first half of the semester, classes on only 3 days), I was meeting a Dutch girl named Lenny for lunch. She had gone on the Aland Islands trip that I had failed to register for. We had a quaint chat before she headed off to class and I headed off to inspect my tourist guide book. I had initially wanted to go to the Costume Center seeing as I had the afternoon free but decided to save that for this Friday since admission would be free then. Economizing is a good thing. I headed off to City Hall and the City Theater instead. It's great to see that my navigating skills are getting better, I'm beginning to feel more and more comfortable.
Unfortunately, City Hall was under construction. They must have relocated their offices because it looked pretty vacant to me. The city theater was no more open than City Hall. It was not being renovated however it is their offseason. My guidebook showed only dates of plays during the summer. The upside to going around the back of the theater was finding some of the most amazing graffiti I've ever seen. It was beautiful. I would actually put it up on my wall .
On the way home, I stopped by Kerstin's flat to bring her a celebratory cake. It has been 15 days since both of us have lived here (crazy how time flies eh?) and she just today solved her last problem. She has been living on two mattresses with no furniture whatsoever in her room plus her bike's chain kept coming off. Two days ago, her table and chair was delivered. yesterday, we went to the bike shop and got her chain fixed. Today she finally found a bed that didn't cost a fortune and it will be delivered on the 28th. Okay, so she still doesn't have her bed but it is on the way. GREAT SUCCESS. I thought that merited cake and tea.
I went home with a happy feeling in my heart and stomach.
| City Hall - the banner takes away from it's majestic feel a bit |
| City Theater |
| The view from theater balcony |
| More evidence of autumn |
| it's not too shabby eh? |
No comments:
Post a Comment