Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thursday September 23 - ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM



Jyvaskyla at night


Yep, it was one of THOSE days when everything is just at the right interval that there isn't enough time to do the 100 001 things needed to be done before i was off on my weekend trip to Tallinn tomorrow. 
The important part is, I succeeded at my zooming and completed all of my homework and purchased a "Sea battle" ticket. The Sea Battle is a cruise for students from Finland, Sweden, Lithuania, Estonia and Sweden. It is a 4 day cruise that goes to Helsinki, Tallinn and Stockholm. You may question why I would want to go to Tallinn twice but I had faith that it was going to be a remarkable city. A city worth remarking twice. There were only 40 tickets for all of Jyvaskyla so naturally, my competitive nature put me first in line. Kerstin, Laura and Stefan will be joining me on this adventure and of course the many new friends that I have yet to meet. Tonight was a relaxing one as I didn't want to burn out right before the weekend. I went to see The Switch with Jennifer Anniston and  Jason Bateman. It was hilarious and sweet all at once. I think I laughed the most out of anyone in the theater because I didn't have to read the Finnish subtitles. I noticed during the trailers that Grownups would only be coming soon to theaters although in Canada, it's been out for at least a month because I saw it before I left. I had no idea that it took this long or movies to come out as you got further from the source. Reinier told me that it was the same for Heineken beer - the further away from the source you are, the worse it tastes. the reason teh topic of beer came up was because we briefly stopped by a pub after the movie. I've never seen a pub so populated by middle aged people and businessmen. Such a jarring sight. I felt so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment