The origins of the University of Jyvaskyla come stem from the Finnish-speaking training college founded in 1863. It's surprisingly not much older than the University of Alberta (founded in 1908). I've found out that Finland and especially Jyvaskyla is quite a young country/city and I suspect this is because of the fact that Finland was under constant control of another country. Now there are 15,000 students enrolled in the University, 600 of which are international students. Seeing as the city only has a population of 100, 000 people, 15% is quite a high percentage of university students. From a student's point of view, I think seeing all the youth and being surrounded by them adds a lot of life to the city.
There are many interesting Master's programs here at the U of J, this university is actually ranked the second university for the number of Master's that are given out. During my stay here, I've begin to consider more and more seriously about doing my Master's here as well.
There are many benefits with being a student at the U of J - the discounts on traveling, museums and food being the most important.
At this point, I can already recommend this university to all of you out there. it's a great community of learners and students who are all here to do the same thing - live and learn.
| One of the University campuses |
No comments:
Post a Comment