Friday, September 17, 2010

September 16 - Abundance of goodness

You know how I said I loved the food here? well today I decided to really prove it.
The day started off fabulously with Skype to Edmonton and yogurt. a mere 2 hours later, I was in a vegetarian restaurant with Mimmi and her friend Yonni ( I hope I'm spelling that correctly).  11am is a little early to be having lunch but it was worth it to spend some more quality time with my awesome roommie :) Carrot soup with coconut was on the menu so I chose that and it was really yummy. For dessert, there was a berry sauce that was simply delicious (it reminded me very much of КИСЕЛь). Dessert is always the best :)
After this meal, which was more like an appetizer, I was only semi-full. So I decided to join my tutor group for lunch as well. They were quite surprised to hear that this was my second lunch of the day a short 1.5 hrs after my first lunch. The meatatarians understood my desire to have something else. I'm just not used to only veggies filling me up. Following my custom of "waste not want not", I left nothing on my plate after my second lunch either but now i could barely move. My stomach was not happy with me. I decided to go for a walk to shake things up with Laura, a girl from Belgium that I just met at lunch. It helped a bit and my bike ride did wonders too. I had just enough time to change, clean my flat, and zoom back to the center to meet up with Lucy and Kerstin so that we could all bike to Kortepohja for Annelies' gathering before Stammtisch "Cultural Stereotypes" tonight. Our tutor group was having a bit of a pot luck dinner before this event. my stomach had still not recovered from my two lunches so I decided to just bring candy. Lucy, however, brought poulla (the most delicious Finnish pastry) and of course I couldn't say no to just one piece. 5 pieces later, I was ready ot fall asleep because all my energy was going to digesting. What's better at helping this process than dancing the "Bad Romance" dance ? Im contemplating inserting the video that was taken of me while I was doing this dance.
Annelies' Dutch friends came over to join us a little bit later. It was great to see Lenny again and I had the pleasure of meeting Fiona and Reinier. Our posse was now complete to proceed to Stammtisch. The music there was incredible - they played hits from all countries and I was so happy to not have to listen to american top 20 all night and still be able to dance :D

Mimmi and I at the vegeterian restaurant (observe the plants around us)

My dessert YUM

At Annelies' flat

Stammtisch




No comments:

Post a Comment