Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday September 19 - Never say sundays are lazy

I suspect the only Sunday that was in any way relaxing was last Sunday and I really don't see it happening for another 2 or 3 weeks. Today was supposed to be my laundry and homework day. Until Mimmi invited me to go rock climbing in a venue that was some 200 m from our house. How could I say no to something so exciting and convenient? As we made our way to the sports hall, she told me that it used to be a bomb shelter during the second world war but since there hadn't been a war for quite some time, the shelter was made into a giant sports hall. I think a greyhound would be able to fit in it. By greyhound, I mean the bus not the dog.
I started off with a beginners route and then got strapped into a harness to climb to the highest height. Mountain climbing is a sport that builds endurance and upper body strength. I got my fill of each.
After climbing for about 1.5 hrs, my laundry that was waiting for me was a welcomed break. Since when do I think of laundry as a break?! Finland's active lifestyle is having a drastic effect on not only my body but mind as well.

The bomb shelter sports hall

Beginner's wall

Here I go ...

to the top :)




No comments:

Post a Comment