| At Maria's Pizzeria |
| At the University library |
As you may have guessed by the title, there is a fashion festival tonight at City Center today that demonstrates top designers of Finland. But more about that later ;)
It is Day 2 of 3 of Orientation and I am loving talking to different people from different countries. Being from Kanada- eh, today's weather of 50 km/h winds and sprinkling slush from the sky didn't faze me ... much. But there are people from much warmer countries like France and even Costa Rica, I wonder how they are coping with this lovely wether?
Our lectures today were mostly informative and dry but a highlight came from the Kortehpoja housing lady who told us to obey the quiet hours and to "have a quiet party" if it is after 11 pm. That made me snort and giggle. Our group tried another student restaurant which i really liked because it had a lodge feel to it - it was made almost completely out of wood.
before going to the fashion exposition, Annelies and I decided to try Maria's Pizzeria as it was recommended to us. Putting my dislike of pizza aside, I willingly agreed. And let me tell you, I don't know which was better - the atmosphere, the service, the company or the food. We must have sat, ate and talked for at least 2 hrs. Annelies told me me tales of Holland and her hometown and I offered up some of my worldly wisdom as well.
By the time we packed up our half eaten pizzas they are HUGE), it was time to go see the highlight of the evening - finalnd's finest fashion! The cat walk was crowded with people but we got quite close. The weather had calmed down which was good for the spectators and the models. My favorite collection was an Alice in Wonderland inspired one. It gave Tim Burton a run for his money.
| Alice in Wonderland shoot |
| The mad hatter |
Great pictures and description! You started building wonderful memories about your Finish experience!
ReplyDelete