Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday September 5th - A day to relax FINALLY

A rather lame day in terms of actitivites. I did all of those things that qualify someone as "responsible" - cleanings, doing dishes, buying bare neccessities, buying groceries. The highlight of today was talking to my parents via free minutes on Skype. I really hope they get a mic for their computer soon so when can talk all the time :) it was great to hear their voice.
I thought I got a killer deal on curtains for 5 Euros. Yet woe alas, what I thought were curtians was only the top decorative piece. I also bought a cute table lamp for my desk for those rare occasions when I will do homework. The overhead lighting in my room isn't the greatest. Another "oops" came from the fact that I bought the wrong lightbulbs for this awesome lamp.  I sense another shopping trip tomorrow.
The good news from today's shopping fiascos was that my apartment looks and feels liveable :)
OBSERVE

<>
My beautiful room :) twice the size of my room in edmonton


The view from my balcony
My kitrchen cupboard - the dishes don't need to be dried in finland. Notice the racks with no bottom to this cupboard

The view out of my window - try to ignore the garbage dumsters

my bathroom

my huge kitchen with no table, you can see the door to the balcony


1 comment:

  1. I like your room and I hope it will look like now all the time of your stay in Finland!!!

    ReplyDelete