Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday September 18 - Study and Style

There comes a day in every student's life where the realization that the library is a friend not a foe settles in. That day for me, was today. Paivi, Marejke, Lucy and I set off to the university library to collect books for our essay.
I was sadly disappointed to find no books on how the reformation affected Finland and was forced to change my topic to the most important factors that changed Finland from 1904-1906. I found a total of 2 books that were available on this topic. If there is one thing that I do not posolutely love about Finland, it's their library system. Either they have only one copy of a textbook that 30 students need or the textbooks that are supposedly on the shelf are sadly not. After a hard 3 hrs, we all headed our separate ways. I had some cleaning and cooking (i'm starting to sound like Cinderella eh?) to do before tonight's evening of wine and cheese. I think the definition of European company for me is sitting around talking about any kind of topic (politics, sport, art, etc) over a bottle of 2009  Chardonnay from Chile and cheese from Denmark.
DELIGHTFUL :)

Wine and cheese turkish style because I don't have a kitchen table

No comments:

Post a Comment